Opa's passing brought together our small family for a nice reunion. On Saturday the 17th, everyone came to see Maaike's dance recital! It was so fun for me to share this event with everyone and it was nice for us all to cheer up a bit. After her recital, we had a private and very sweet goodbye to Opa at a funeral home. We then came back to our house for a meal and some much needed fun family time. I have to thank not only Dave but my siblings and their significant others for coming together to plan and execute a great meal!
These pictures are pretty out of order, but I'll start with our family shot! I love everyone in this shot so much! We missed our cousin, Ali, who was unable to come down. If I knew how to photo shop her in, I would...

Oma with her grandchildren minus Ali. :(
Neel, Suzi, Lainie and Janet... although not blood related, Janet is very much a part of our family and we were glad she could be with us!
I love my mom's shaggy bangs!
Oma with her kids!
What can I say? Bad hair evening for Lexi! We had coffee ice cream for dessert, as it was Opa's favorite! Lexi enjoyed getting a little bit from Uncle Hubie!
Maaike had time to fool around while attending to her iphone business... pretty talented!
Ben had a great time subjecting Janet to giving him an airplane ride!
No words for the hair...
Lainie, thinking she's the favorite grandchild, tried to convince Oma that she indeed loves her the most... this was Oma's reaction to that news!
And I'll end with the humorous family photo. We remembered Opa a lot that day and he'd be happy to know we were all together and will keep Oma smiling :)

4 comments:
LOL the pic of me on Oma might handsdown be one of the best pictures in the world ....
And I can't believe I allowed Maaike to do backflips down my legs while holding onto my IPHONE !!!
What great pictures! Each is a treasure! Love that new camera Melissa!
What a fun family! Great photos!!
Melissa, thanks for the great blog all the time. You know how my photos come out, so I really appreciate it.
Post a Comment